Sunday, November 16, 2008


Potty Trained?????

Just wanted to share that we think we have a 12 month old potty trained baby girl!!! Her diaper has been dry for several days now, really mostly since we got her, and the wet diapers were because I had not figured out her system. AMAZING is all I can say! She loves to go too. We sit her on the potty and whistle and she goes!!

Some have asked about Naomi's heart condition, which classifies her as a "Special Needs" baby. Naomi has been diagnosed with Stenosis of the Aortic and Pulmonic Valves. Her heart valves are slow to open and close. It was discovered by her heart murmur, evident when listening to her heart with a stethoscope
. Further testing revealed more details of the severity, but those were done several months ago. We are not sure what the future holds for her in regards to intervention. Potentially we are facing surgery upon return to the states, and there is also a possibility she will never need surgery. We will know more at our appointment with the cardiologist when we get home. I must say it is very difficult to believe she is "sick"....she seems so healthy and is thriving!!! Please be in prayer that the Lord will 100% heal her heart!!!!!

Much love from Guangzhou

12 comment(s):

Too bad I couldn't put a whistle in the comment section... Ha! That is great. We are praying for you!

Eric

By Blogger Eric and Kristi Peterson, at 8:01 AM  

AMAZING is all I can say too! She's so smart. So, you all just whistle while she works :)

By Blogger mtotte, at 8:52 AM  

I love that sweet little dress.
After about of week of photos, I can now look at your new family without crying every time, except for the pictures with Nate. Maybe I just had low expectations for a 4 year old boy. I knew you and Joel would just love her to pieces right from the start, but to see the glow on Nate's face when he is holding Naomi or playing with her still chokes me up. What a blessing he is.
Praying for everyones short term health for the return flight and for Naomi's long term health. I do often forget that she is "special needs".
Here is a not that that thought threw idea that I am coming up with here as I type. Perhaps if there are families there that would like some extra prayer, you could get a photo of their child and/or family and a list of prayer concerns. Then you could list them on your blog and some us could sign up to commit to praying for a certain child/family.
We were counting down the days and then the hours until you got to see Naomi face to face, now we are starting the countdown until we get to see the new Fenwick family face to face.
Love you guys!

By Blogger Dustin H, at 9:41 AM  

Oh, I am on Dustin's lap top -- I wrote the last comment, although Dustin has also been very touched by seeing your new family.
Beth

By Blogger Dustin H, at 9:43 AM  

She probably is trained, soph was and I screwed it up

By Blogger Julie Gould, at 12:48 PM  

I'm laughing I did think Dustin wrote that.

By Blogger Julie Gould, at 12:49 PM  

Me again . . . just a continuation from earlier. Hope you are getting some much-needed sleep right now. ONLY 3 DAYS 'TIL YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN BEDS/HOME! On a different note, Praise the Lord, AGAIN . . . this time for a potty-trained Naomi! HOW MARVELOUS IS THAT! Unbelievable and marvelous . . . I'll start working with Mollie immediately. (unlikely) By the way, have I mentioned before that your photos (and family) are BEAUTIFUL?! Talk to you later.

Bec

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 PM  

By the way...can you teach that that whistle method... :-) jen

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:48 PM  

OHHHHH, we miss y'all!! Can't wait to see all of your sweet faces. Wonderful to see the pictures(I feel so shallow saying that ALL the time but they are just beautiful...and they tell such a story, each one, even if I am imagining it in my head)We will continue to pray for health and traveling mercies on your return trip. Have a great day!

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
love, mimi

I too thought that was Dustin...I wouldnt put it passed him though.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 PM  

wow, dustin is so sweet, he really loves your family and has such thoughtful and tender messages...what a guy!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 PM  

brent says he loves that sweet little dress too

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 PM  

Hi :) You dont' know me, but a friend told me how you all went through a certain adoption agency/ministry, so she introduced me to your blog. I started reading your blog and was tickled to find that the day I started reading about your family's journey was the day you were getting to see your precious baby for the first time! I watched the video of where you got Naomi and just sat at work at my desk and just cried and cried :)haha. My heart lept for the joy I was sharing with you all! My husband and I live in Louisville; he is attending Seminary at Southern. We would love love adopting some day; I can't tell you what a blessing reading, sharing, and praying with you through your journey has been. Just wanted you to know the Lord is leading people to pray for you all that you don't even know :) Blessings to you and your beautiful family! Naomi is the cutest thing ever :) I just love her sweet face!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home