Wednesday, November 12, 2008



My Random Thoughts......

I have been wanting to blog since yesterday morning, but it seemed everytime I had a moment, there was something else to do that needed more attention than the computer.....so here are some random thoughts, observations, etc that I tried to remember (in my sleep deprived state) and some answers to some of your questions - YES, the bears are very real in the video - strange, we agree....almost too weird to watch. We are on the 17th floor of a high rise hotel. We have a beautiful view outside our window, that we enjoy early in the morning or late at night only - when we can open the curtains. Our room, which has no AC,, is about 75-80 degrees. It is warm - even warmer when we open the curtains. It is about 10 by 20 foot in dimensions. We have a bed, twin bed and crib....oh, and lots of luggage and baby gear. YES, we feel the walls closing in on us. However, we would be hopefully bonding and resting this much if we were at home, so we have no complaints. This is forcing us to be together and spend undivided attention before our "real lives" kick back in next week. As much as I long for home, I know this time will pass quickly and I want to be in the moment. Yesterday was one of my hardest days yet. I think Naomi was mourning her foster mom and, thankfully, was bonding with me at the same time. About 2pm or so, she decided she only wanted me to hold her...all the time, even when she slept. I relished the moment....I did not realize how much we had not bonded until yesterday. I am thankful for the day, but I will say at the end of it, I was ready to sleep for days. We got a restful night, up at 4:45AM, all 4 of us. We are not quite adjusted to this 13 hour time change. It has been pretty typical for us to be ready for bed about 8 or 9pm and up by 5:30 at the very latest. At home, I never see those hours, but here we feel good and rested. The hotel provides a very nice continental buffet style breakfast starting at 6:30, and we are there by 7 each morning, ready to chow down. I am always hungry, I guess because my body is not adjusted. We have 2-4 waiters just for our table. They enjoy watching Nate and try to talk to him each morning. Tpday we let him take a toy to breakfast and he walked around sharing it with all the waiters. Nate has eaten well. He eats best at breakfast, I guess we all do. Lunch is not so great (I usually bring along some peanut butter crackers) and dinner is hit or miss. Lastnight was fun. Joel took Nate out to find some american junk food and bread so we could just eat in the room. He found some pringles, snickers and deli bread so I made Peanut butter sandwiches and we ate those. It was nice to stay in....
Today we are staying here at the hotel until 2:30 or so, when our guide will pick us up to go the the Yellow Crane Tower. It is a tourist site and we are looking forward to going. Tomorrow we asked for a late checkout and at noon we are hoping to head to a Jade Factory and then to the airport to fly to Guangzhou. We are very much looking forward to the next leg of our trip. Nate has learned how to say several words in chinese......he mostly says hello and thank you. He can say mommy, daddy and big brother as well. How fun is this?? When will we ever get this opportunity again. May we eat this UP!!
We really cannot express on a computer screen the emotion and gratefulness we feel to you for praying for us, encouraging us, and loving us through this journey. Your words and prayers and sustaining us. There are A LOT of great moments we are having, and also some down moments when I open the computer to find a note that lifts my spirits. Keep em coming!!!

6 comment(s):

I'm first this time! Thank you so much for keeping us all up to date. A friend said they were living vicariously through your blog! Aren't we all? It brings back memories of both our experience and emotions. I'm so glad that you are bonding. May that continue to grow, Lord Jesus we pray! We noticed in the pictures a more subdued Naomi at the zoo and wondered what might be up. We continue to pray for you!

Eric

By Blogger Eric and Kristi Peterson, at 8:32 PM  

Lee-Anne, you really are on a different schedule aren't you!?! It sounds like you are taking every moment in - even the "cramped" ones. These days will be etched in your mind forever. We are all waiting patiently (well, inpatiently) for you to hit KY ground. Ms. Funny Face Naomi (she has so many facial expressions!) seems to like the camera - thank goodness - she's yet to experience her 3 aunts! Hope your flight goes smoothly tomorrow.

By Blogger mtotte, at 10:45 PM  

Hi Lee-Anne, Thanks for sharing more detail of your experience. What a gift that Naomi is moving towards you in her time of adjustment. She must feel very safe and secure with you...smart girl :-)
Hope you all have a great day!
Jen D.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 PM  

Thanks for the update. We still look forward to your daily recaps every morning here. The various family photos are fascinating, with your comments and descriptions we really do feel like we are there with you. We are thankful that Naomi is taking time to grieve now, while her little world can revolve around her. We pray the Lord will continue to heal her heart and prepare her for the blessings of her life with you!

By Blogger Daniel Family, at 11:58 PM  

In sincerely love, I say "Yeah!" for mourning. And yeah for wanting you even if it's breaking your back. Praying for strength and endurance.

By Blogger Beth, at 6:44 AM  

Hey Y'all,

So thankful for the continued pictures and info. The zoo video was amazing. I am glad to hear Naomi is bonding. What an answer to prayer. You are not missing to much over here. The ladies had bible study last night, we missed you Lee-Anne. And the weather has been kinda gloomy. I am sure it is much better there. We will miss y'all this weekend at the DC get together. Less than one week till you are home. We can't wait to see you all. Give Nate a big hug for us. His buddies at the Crush household miss him.(and y'all too of course).

love,
mimi

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home