Sunday, November 16, 2008



God is here.......

...and He is moving in the hearts of people in Guangzhou. We had the privelage of attending church this morning on the island. The service was held in both chinese and english. The worship was great and it was SO incredible to hear those around us praising the Lord in their language. You could feel the Spirit.....on a side note, Naomi was a bit restless as we were singing, and when they started singing in chinese, she would stop and listen....sounds like she has already been exposed to the love of Jesus and we are thankful to continue that journey for her. AMEN!!

Lastnight Naomi had a bit of a rough night. She woke up twice in the night screaming and crying, practically inconsolable. We tried a bottle, rocking, etc...she just was very uncomfortable. She did begin tugging on her ear a bit and has had some congestion (slight) for a day or two, so we started her on some medicine we brought with us. Pray for healing before we travel home. Joel is also under the weather, with a cold, achiness and sore throat. Please pray for him as well.


We have been out and about much more in this province. They have little shops everywhere!!! We are encouraged to barter with them as much as we can. I have had fun doing that!!! I feel as though I am saving us so much money!!! At least, I'd like to think so.


My heart has been heavy today for some of the families we have met and seen in the hotel and on the island. Some of these children are very sick, some face serious upcoming surgeries and some are older and have a a lot of baggage to heal from and a language barrier that will take time to
learn. Not sure where this is leading to (with the thoughts I have had) but I sense that a ministry is needed for the americans who come to the island for the 5-6 days while their paperwork is being processed in order to travel home. There are so many issues and concerns with each child - bonding, eating, health concerns, sleeping problems, etc. Our guides are helpful. and we are thankful for them. I just sense another level of help is needed. Again, no idea whre this might lead to in the future, just thinking out loud.

Please keep the prayers and encouragement coming our way. We are so very thankful to each of you!!!!! May God bless your Sunday!!!

Pics:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=40443&l=b5043&id=605614827

6 comment(s):

Lee Anne, I love you heart and your compassion for those that you see, especially those who are struggling. I love that you shared your heart with us. I will be praying that prayer with you! I cry everytime I read your blog and look at your pictures. I am overcome with emotion and think of our own adoption by our Heavenly Father. I also want to come to China {on the next plane} and "snorgle" {that would be kiss and make silly grunting noises} on your sweet Naomi's face... and adopt all the children who are waiting for homes and placement... would you please tell them I'm on my way. :)

I will also be praying for Na Na's heart. That the Lord will completely heal her... either by His own miracle or by intervention. Or that she will be just fine with no intervention {divine or medical} at all!! Thanks for answering my question!!

By Blogger Darby, at 7:59 AM  

Your messages are always so well-worded, transparent, and God-glorifying. How pleased He must be that you are trusting Him, praising Him, and sharing His blessings with us in this way. We thank Him and you for that. I wnat so much to say more, but cannot, as we must leave for Church here very soon. DELIGHTED to know your worship experience there was so meaningful. I'll touch base later with more. Hope Miss Naomi finds a little comfort in some medication and much-needed rest (you guys, too . . . especially Joel?) Later.

In Christ's Love -- Bec

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 AM  

Tell me about the little girl in the picture with Nate who looked like she had a cleft lip repair ?? So you can adopt older girls as well?
Tearful last night to see the orchestra without you.Praise God He is bigger than our world !!!!. Easter Passion meeting tonight--maybe this is the year for Nate to make his acting debut ?!?
Hope everyone are feeling better. Georgie had to be my date last night ' cause Pops was pukey
Sunday dinner will not be the same without you-Martha says the house looks like a daycare. Have a blessed week --Duh !!!! That is a given ~!!!
Nate I love you more than 1 million turtles !! Naomi too !!
More blessed than I deserve, Sue Sue

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  

Your pictures continue to capture the moments you are experiencing ~ we all are so thankful for them & how they have allowed us to share your journey to bring Naomi home!

Your time of worship this morning sounds awesome.

I wish I was there to bargain shop with you. How fun!
Love you all, Kelly

By Blogger Kelly, at 8:16 AM  

Again, thank you for the update & pictures. I hope Namomi & Joel are feeling better and the ears are clear before the flight back. It was worrisome hearing about the other families & their difficulties but it was a relief knowing those children have a family who wants them & will take care of them through all the ups & downs. Yes, Sue Sue's den looks like a daycare - could she be expecting someone!?!

By Blogger mtotte, at 9:09 AM  

I think you're on to something Lee-Anne...Can't wait to see how God waters that seed!
On a different note...I'm so glad you use the same justification methods as I do when it comes to shopping...the philosophy of purchasing "great deals" because it SAVES money...aah, love it :-)
Glad you had a great day and were able to worship with other believers in China. Sweet to hear how worship calmed Naomi's spirit. Had to confess and seek forgiveness of my momentary coveting of Naomi's potty-trainedness after reading that part :-)...
Impressed at Dr. Greg's comprehension in pharmeceutical provision...I hope it helps Naomi and any physical discomfort she may be in. We'll continue to pray for Joel's health as well.
Love getting the updates and fabulous pictures that are telling the sweet story of God's goodness, sovereignty and blessing. Thanks for sharing yourselves, much love, jen d.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home