Thursday, December 04, 2008




2 Weeks home....

We have been home 2 weeks now and all seem to be feeling back to normal for the most part. Jet lag is now behind us and sleep has returned!! WOW, what a difference a good night's sleep can make.....I underestimated the effect this trip and adding Naomi to the family would have on Nate. He has had the hardest time of any of us adjusting to the time change and having a little sister. We are so proud of him for enduring such a trip and know this season will last only a short while. He loves and adores Naomi, in fact, he loves to show her off at school when I pick him up. Our little guy has not had to share us with anyone and now he shares us with his precious sister. We are planning a date day with him on Saturday, to spend special time with him...movies, rock climbing, you name it.
Naomi has not been feeling too well these past 3 or 4 days so we took her into our (wonderful) pediatrician and he diagnosed her with an ear infection, so she is now on antibiotics and Motrin and slept 11 hours straight lastnight!!!! Today she still seems like she does not feel all that well, but we need to give the medicine a few days to start working.
Joel has gone back to work, actually this is his 2nd week back. I must say I miss him dearly at home! Having him all to ourselves for 2 weeks was so nice, and now I am on my own....we look forward to 5pm everyday!!
I am doing well...a little sleep deprived and, at times, more stressed than I want to admit, but it is getting less each day and the sleep will come again soon. We are so blessed!!! Naomi is happy and outgoing and affectionate and adjusts quickly and loves US....Praise Jesus for answered prayers. So many of you have and are praying for us and we are so grateful!!!
These pictures I took today, on a whim. I gave Naomi a sucker, cause I felt bad for her being sick. She was the happiest little girl!! I could not resist grabbing the camera.

1 comment(s):

cute pics! glad there is an answer to her recent fussiness. praying for all four of you.

By Blogger Beth, at 11:10 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home