Monday, August 10, 2009


Scary night last Tuesday.....
I woke up with a high fever and severe shivering that we could not keep under control with medicine. Joel took me to the ER at 3am and after several hours of testing, they determined that I had both pneumonia and mono. WOW - about all I could say at the moment. I knew from others' experiences that mono was not something you got over in 24-48 hours. Here I am almost a week later and still very tired and almost no energy. Joel took off work the rest of last week and made sure the kids had a blast! I was so thankful to find out Saturday that the 3 previous days were full of fun memories for them, as I had slept 3 1/2 days straight.....
Today is my first full day with the kids as Joel went back to work. I am limited on what I should be doing, being sure not to overdo it....they have warned me how that can be a bad thing - to overdo it with mono - so I am listening to their advice. I think the pneumonia is pretty much gone - thankful to see the fever, backache, and overall horribleness in the past.
Please pray for our family that the rest are spared this wretched virus, and that I can recover as expected to get back to normal and back to raising my sweet babies (one of whom goes to kindergarten in 3 days, but I am "too tired" to think about that right now)

2 comment(s):

get welll soon lee-anne! i'll be praying for you!!!!!!

By Anonymous erika, at 10:12 PM  

I will be praying for you.

By Blogger Diane Teague, at 8:00 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home