Thursday, June 11, 2009





After the rain.....

Nate LOVES to play in the puddles after the rain. Our neighbor has the BEST driveway for a big puddle. Yesterday, after a day of off and on showers, Nate begged to go out and jump around. How could I resist, especially knowing my camera was charged up and my zoom lens was already on there?? He had fun and so did I! It's not really my thing to play and get a muddy, but I know he had a blast and I have learned to let a lot of (unimportant) things go.
As I type, Nate is at his very last day of preschool. I got a little emotional this moring dropping him off, talking to his (wonderful, and now no longer) teacher. As I walked by the 3's class, where Nate was last year, I caught a glimpse of his 2 (awesome, wonderful, now friends) teachers. This has been his world for 2 years. Now we are on to bigger (and hopefully, prayerfully, ) better things. I know the Lord has a plan for Nate's life (and Naomi's) and I am simply a vessel and very privelaged to be their mommy. It's hard sometimes, though, to "let go" and watch them grow up. Nate is still swimming. He had his first meet Monday night. He did great! He has 5 more meets to go.
Naomi is still the sweetest lil thing ever. Her personality is flourishing right now. She can laugh SO hard it makes tears on MY eyes. She loves her big brother so much. If Nate is sitting on the couch, especially in the morning or right before bed, Naomi will crawl up there and sit as close as she can to him, and he puts his little arm around her and they are so precious together. To think God destined them to be siblings....very humbling to think abour their lives and how God brought them to be Fenwicks. I love them so much it hurts!
We are hoping to set the tent up this weekend and camp in the backyard again. This time, I think the plan is for it to be Nate and ME.....I need some practice before we go "for real" so I told Joel I would rough it for one night. Hopefully it will rain (out)...OK, OK, just teasing. I know Nate would love it so we are giving it a shot.

All I got for now. I hope your week is blessed.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home