Monday, August 03, 2009



Only 10 days left until our little man's life changes forever! I know it's only kindergarten...it just feels so...BIG and DIFFERENT and NEW....for me at least. Nate, on the other hand, is VERY excited and not nervous at all. Good thing, he can hold my hand and tell me it will be OK as we walk to school...that's right, we are close enough to walk! Only 2 blocks away, and I am so glad! I can spy through the windows and check on him...hee hee, just teasing.
This is his "Mock Kindergarten" picture I took today as we had a lil get together here at the house. I played teacher and a few of his friends came over , who are also going into kindergarten, and we played school for the morning - you know, to help prepare (me) them for the big day next week.
Naomi, having fun with brothers' toys while he was away with daddy...see that smile?? She adores him and all his toys!!!
I know, I know...but let me tell you, I got SOOO much done while she (made this mess) read the paper! I planned meals for 2 weeks, made my 2 week grocery list, and cleaned the kitchen - that's a lot for me these (rather busy) days! She had a blast too! She is saying "uh-oh" in this picture and we cleaned it all up after I took this shot.
There he is, eating lunch in his new home away from home - the school cafeteria. We went on Saturday for a picnic and to meet some new friends. He loved eating with them (he sat with his friends, rather than us, which I was glad to see he was comfortable doing that). He enojoyed his hot dog, sprite, snow cone and the firetruck he got to climb on. Hope he does not think those things are a daily occurence at school, boy will he be disappointed.
Nate with the mascot, GO SME TIGERS!!
Walking to school....officially, of course, the big day is August 13, but I took this shot Saturday as we walked to the picnic. I am standing on our street, and you can just barely see the playground of the school behind Nate...that's how close we are! Lovin the whole "walk to school" thing....

All I got for today. Naomi is resting, Nate is having some down time and I am getting ready to pack our bags for an afternoon at the pool.

1 comment(s):

The hardest part of being a mother is watching your "baby" get on the school bus the firsrt day of school. In your case watching him walk to school and go into the classroom without you.

Let the adventures begin!

By Blogger Diane Teague, at 11:04 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home