Wednesday, August 18, 2010


This image pretty much sums up my day. Though it ended good -with Norah laughing and IN Joel's arms for the first time without crying - it was a very long day. Norah is starting to feel more comfortable in our arms and with her surroundings - and therefore has thrown a few temper tantrums today - IN PUBLIC, where I don't speak the language and it was so hard. I ended up spending most of the morning and early afternoon in our room with Norah- she feels so comfortable here and is willing to walk around and play. If we go out of the room, she is in my arms 100% of the time still. We talked to our guide today about her unwillingness to go to Joel and she suggested a few things, all of which we are trying. Tonight she went to him, only for a few seconds, but SMILED!!! Baby steps.
Things I will miss:
*all my meals being made for me
*my bed being made and the room being cleaned everyday :)
*our awesome travel group
*shopping for next-to-nothing prices
*7-11 slurpees
*the "laser" guy we run into each night

So here it is, my last post from Guangzhou!!!!!
Night night

4 comment(s):

Dear Norah,
You are about to embark on your journey home. You have so many family & friends that have waited to see your precious face. I thank God for bringing you into our family.

We all are excited to see you soon!
Love you much!
Aunt Kelly

By Blogger Kelly, at 2:53 PM  

hi lee-anne!! praying your trip goes well and cant' wait to see the sister and brother meet each other ! so thankful that she is smiling more!!! erika

By Blogger A Cup of Cold Water, at 2:55 PM  

Norah, we get to meet you in just 5 hours! I can't wait for Nate and Naomi to get to see you and hug you. I also look forward to watching your mama and daddy cry as they reunite with Nate and Naomi. God has blessed you with such a wonderful family! After you get used to them, you've got a WHOLE bunch of people who love you and want to get to know you! Welcome home, sweet one! We will see you very soon. Until then, you are in our prayers.

By Blogger Eric and Kristi Peterson, at 11:43 AM  

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your family all together. Praying for you as you travel back.

By Blogger Kim, at 6:39 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home