Tuesday, August 17, 2010


Red Couch Picture

Today our travel group took the infamous red couch pictures - pictures of our girls in traditional chinese dresses on a red couch in a beautiful hotel here in the island. You can view them all via the link below, but here is the best one we got of Norah - this is on the floor next to the red couch - before she completely melted down and cried her little heart out for the rest of the shots we took. Oh well, makes for fun memories.
Today, while Norah napped, I went to the open market all by myself. I had found some cute clothes (for me, you know, everything over here fits me so well) for dirt cheap, like less then $3 each. So I high-tailed it over there to see if I could find a few more things. It was such a neat experience - all the spices, animals, clothing, luggage, etc for sale. And boy was it ever so crowded!!
Tonight we are heading back to Lucys, the restaurant here on the island. We have so loved our travel group - it becomes interesting around meal times when you have 6 2 year old girls together :):) I also hope to finish up shopping for items I am purchasing for the November Naomi's Fund celebration (at Southeast Christian Church - dates and details to come).
We miss our kids so much. Only 3 days!!!
Pictures

3 comment(s):

I was wondering when you would take the Red Couch picture. CUTE CUTE CUTE! Look forward to seeing your purchases. I never thought about it but I'm sure that the clothes there in China do fit you perfectly.

Looking forward to Friday!
Love you all!

By Blogger Kelly, at 7:36 AM  

I'm just now catching up on your journey. Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful! Looking through your pictures brings back so many incredible memories. Now I've got to read through your archives to catch up on your trip so far.

By Blogger Allison, at 7:50 AM  

How sweet she looks. Praying for the transition. She will love her brother and sister. I hope all goes smoothly.

By Blogger Diane Teague, at 8:00 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home