Monday, July 12, 2010

It is with a very heavy heart that I share about our weekend. Friday night (early Saturday morning), my mom Jo Anne, passed away. She had been struggling with a lot of sickness for the past 12 years and 4:30am July 10, her earthly body was traded for a brand new one in Heaven. Though the night was traumatic in many ways, her last breath was peaceful and surrounded by her close family. Praise God she has no more sleepless nights, pain, sadness, shunt mal-functioning, diabetic issues and plain ol' "feeling like crud" days. My tears are simply tears of sadness as we will miss her immensely. There is also a part of me that shares her joy in her new life. I have never been more grateful for Jesus and his death on the cross than at 4:30am Saturday morning. We sat in the ICU waiting room and prayed and thanked God for the hope we have and for Jesus and for the new home Mom has, one of perfection.

Please pray for my stepdad Roger and my little brother Jay as we get through this week and the months and years to come. I get choked up when I think about getting off the plane from China, walking through the gates with our new Norah - and mom not being there to give us a hug and meet Norah. But she will be there in spirit.

5 comment(s):

Lee-Anne:

I am so sorry to hear of the death of your mother. Jana called me first thing Saturday morning and I immediately called John at the clinic. We are both saddened by the fact of her passing but we rejoice with you on her new home. Please know of our thoughts and prayers for you and your family in the days ahead.

May she rest in peace and may that peace surround you and your family.

Love to all.

By Blogger Loiclan, at 8:52 AM  

Certainly will be praying for you and the fam!

By Blogger Andrew, at 2:00 PM  

I am so sorry to hear this. Having lost my mother almost ten years ago, I know how lost and overwhelmed with emotion you must feel right now. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

By Blogger Allison, at 5:33 PM  

Lee-Anne,
I am praying for you and your family and rejoicing in the fact that one day there will never be any goodbyes. Such a sweet promise and reality.

Much love from NC.

By Blogger Kim, at 9:26 PM  

So sorry for your loss. We will be keeping you all in our thoughts...and just think, your mom has the best view of sweet Norah entering your lives. She'll be walking with you the entire trip.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home