Tuesday, May 18, 2010


LOOK WHAT WE GOT!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely LOVE getting e-mails from our agency coordinator - Xiaoq*ng. My heart skipped a beat as I read over the e-mail, read about her new stats (very similar to her last ones, she is a little peanut like her momma) and saw that sweet face :) Her hair is growing and her lip looks beautiful. We are thrilled and now, more than ever, I want to jump on the next plane!!! Come on 800A approval, cabling, and TA!!!!!! We are ready.
This past weekend I enjoyed a 3 day retreat in Tennessee with some dear friends/adoptive mommas. We shared about our experiences, our children, our fears, our hopes and dreams for our children. We prayed over the adoption ministry we are forming and started the leg work to bless many adoptive families in our community. This is only the beginning of a vision we have to minister to orphans around the world, adoptive families, and the adoption process. It was super refreshing to have a few days to myself, away from the daily tasks of mothering, to think, process, pray, eat, sleep, hike, eat some more, sleep some more, etc. I was so thankful to come home a new momma. Now to get to work and carry out the vision God has given us.

Currently we are waiting to receive our approval from the US government (800A), then we get "cabled" to China, then we receive our travel approval (TA), then we book our flight once our consulate appointment is scheduled. 12 weeks-ish.

4 comment(s):

I am so exctied for you all. She is a beautiful little girl and what a great addition to your special family. We are praying the time goes quickly and the way goes smooth.

By Blogger Diane Teague, at 8:39 AM  

What a beautiful photo. Lifting you up in prayer as you wait!

Hugs and love from NC!

By Blogger Kim, at 12:23 PM  

How completely precious!!! We love X too!!! Waiting for LOA and wanting to go right now!!!
Blessings!

By Blogger Everything Beautiful Shay, at 10:55 PM  

Ahh!! So precious!! Love the new picture!

Your comment about Grace's clothes was cute and made me laugh! :) Most of her clothes I actually bought or was given 2nd hand from my cousin and then two friends. I know one of my friends made a few of the outfits, and she monogrammed them for me. The little white outfit with pink trim and pink, green and yellow dots...it is the line Sew Blessed, which I believe it a home/party business. I got it at a sale/consignment party at a house where all different lines were marked down. You might be able to google and see if they still have stuff left. I'll check the labels on some others things to see what they are. :)

By Blogger Kelley Brown, at 10:37 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home