Tuesday, March 17, 2009


March, 2009

April 2, 2004

Growing up....

Hard to believe 5 years ago Joel and I were sitting by the phone waiting the "the call" to let us know he was on his way into the world!!! I had quit my job and was ready to be a stay at home mom. What a whirlwind the Lord brought into our lives....a very exciting whirlwind!! January 13 of 2004 we got a call from our good friend Hollie asking us if we would consider a baby due in MARCH!!? WHAT - 2 months?? WOW, the Lord knows I have NO patience and waiting for anything is a challenge for me, but 2 months to prepare for a BABY??!! Of course we said YES and the journey began as we met our fantabulous birthmom and her sweet family, were chosen to be HIS (that's right, we found IT was a HE) and I quit my most favorite job (up to that point - obviously being home has and will always be a HUGE blessing) and we were off to begin the journey of paperwork, have a home study done and prepare a nursery for our soon-to-be newborn son. 5 years ago today, I had officially been done with work for 2 days, and we were eagerly anticipating Nate's arrival. Every time the phone rang, we got excited and antsy to hear that it was time. Low and behold, he ended up coming at 41 weeks. I look back on that time and see that the Lord blessed his sweet birthmom with an extra week in her womb....
Oh how the Lord taught me patience and HIS timing and provision through the anticipation of a BABY!!
Hard to believe it's been 5 years......and I have loved every moment of it.

2 comment(s):

great picture.

He and you have been a blessing to us all.

By Blogger Beth, at 1:54 PM  

Oh sweet memories! As I type with tears and love flowing, I remember. Love you all!!! --M.M.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:31 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home