Thursday, January 22, 2009


Praying for Healing.....


This week I have learned about a church friend who has been diagnosed with cancer at 20 years old. I have also learned about a sweet 4 year old girl who has Leukemia and is struggling through her treatment and an aunt who will undergo surgery in the near future for a brain tumor causing symptoms. And we have a 15 month old china doll who is facing heart surgery in the near future. It has become so evident to me that this world simply does not have a lot to offer. It is full of pain, sickness, cancer, heartache, loss, and ultimately death. BUT, this world is also not our home, AMEN? So as I have spent time in prayer and communion with God, He has made it clear to me that HE is in control and that HE is sovereign. He will take care of those who love HIM and serve HIM and, thus, I need to surrender to HIM and know HE is in charge. I don't know about you, but that is SO hard for me to do on a daily basis. I learn of a friend who is sick and I want to fix them and make them feel better. I want to make it go away. I have a daughter who's heart is sick, and I want to be the one to heal her and comfort her and prevent the surgery all together, but I cannot do that. BUT, I know THE GOD who can and I praise HIM in advance for HIS healing powers.
SO, I am praying for absolute miracles. May HE be glorified and may others come to believe in HIM as HIS will unfolds. May our friend be CANCER FREE, may our young friend survive this round of chemo and live the rest of her life proclaiming her healing, may my aunt be tumor free after her surgery and live a full life and may our daughter's heart HEAL. And may GOD receive ALL the praise and adoration for HIS healing.

4 comment(s):

Thank you for this post. It encouraged me and reminded me of giving it all over to the Lord.

We are continuing to pray for Naomi's heart.

By Blogger Kim, at 9:53 AM  

We love you and pray for you all everyday!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 PM  

Amen! May the Great Physician bring His healing to this world. Come Lord Jesus, Come!

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:22 AM  

Amen and Amen!!!

By Blogger the curl, at 10:46 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home