Sunday, September 19, 2010




As I type, the house is quiet and I feel as though I am coming up for air, for the first time all weekend. I am still (daily, hourly for that matter) adjusting to raising 3 kids, 2 the same age. There are moments of pure bliss - like when the girls are playing together without crying or arguing. Then, there (way more right now) moments when I want to run and hide in my closet. Life is busy and unpredictable - 2 things my personality does not often deal well with. But I trust in One who made ME and made each of our beautiful children and His timing is perfect. I know He will supply all my needs. I pray for "my daily bread" and know He will see me through even the hardest of moments.
I miss my mom - more and more each day. Grieving has been a challenge seeing as we left 3 weeks after she passed to adopt Norah. But, again, I know where she is and who she is with - and I could not be happier - for her. As my heart continues to heal and move forward, I pray the Lord will use my grief to help others. Please join me in praying for my stepdad, her husband of 26 years. The loneliness and reality of life as a widower is setting in and he is sad.
I read an incredible book this weekend. Actually, I read the entire thing in less than 24 hours. It is Mary Beth Chapman's new book, Choosing to SEE. I don't recommend books very often, but I think everyone needs to read this. It was so inspiring, insightful, encouraging, and gut-wrenching real. You can order it here.
I hope you have a blessed week.

1 comment(s):

Okay, so I"ve been trying to do a ton of catching up! So much to say... Norah is so precious and beautiful! The picture of her with Naomi is so sweet! And my heart physically ached to read about you missing your mom. I can't imagine. I'll pray for continued healing for you and your stepdad.

I'm so sorry we didn't connect before you left for China! I'd love to chat now though. Do you still have my cell? If not, email me. I don't think I have yours.

Thanks for celebrating our news with us!

Love,
Kelley

By Blogger Kelley Brown, at 9:18 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home