Monday, October 27, 2008


10 Days and Counting.....

Here we are, 10 days away from leaving. I wish I could say we were packed and totally prepared, but we aren't there quite yet. It will take me the week to get us ready. Most importantly we have had out shots (much to Nate's dismay) and we have all the medications (and more) than we could ever need.
Nate is getting so excited!! He looks forward to the big plane, climbing the Great Wall (though he does think it is like a rock wall -which he has wanted to climb for a few years now), and going to get Naomi. He tells me all the time that he wants to push her stroller, hold her and feed her. Hopefully that desire will last longer than a day.
We have our final travel meeting this morning, helping us to finalize a few details and answer any remaining questions. We are leaving Louisville on November 6th at 8am, returning November 19th at 8:25pm. We have our itenerary for the whole 2 weeks and will share that on our blog as soon as it is finalized (we requested a few changes).
WOW, 10 days, I can count those on my hands!!!! We went from being years away, to months away to weeks away and now - officially - days away from Naomi!! A Bible verse that we have clung to during the harder days of this journey has been James 1:2 which reminds us to "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds....." Pure joy....that was a challenge but one we relied on the Lord to help us through. We have grown and been stretched and feel this chapter of our lives has given us a whole new perspective on how much HE loves us all.
More to come as we receive more details of our trip.
Much love from a chaotic and joy-filled Fenwick Family

2 comment(s):

Yay!!! I hope you can blog while you're there!! How old will she be when you get her? I found on your blog that she was 10 months old but that was a few months ago!? I can't wait to hear more of your adventure to your precious girl!!!

By Blogger Darby, at 12:00 PM  

I'm so excited... oh, what I would give to be there when you all see Naomi for the 1st time! Tears of Joy feel my heart (& eyes!)just thinking about it! Can't wait to hear Nate's stories from China. Oh, and the look on his face when he sees that the Great Wall is not just like the climbing wall at Dicks Sporting Goods :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home