Monday, August 18, 2008



Meet Naomi Chun Yuan Fenwick!

Friday, August 15 we received a call from our agency to let us know they had a beautiful 10 month old baby girl for us to see. As soon as we saw her face, we both were completely overcome with emotion! She is SO beautiful! Naomi, the name we have given her, has congenital heart disease and may require a minor surgery or two down the road. Currently, she is in foster care in Hubai, China and is thriving well ( as you can see in those adorable cheeks!).
We are currently "pre-matched" and are spending this week gathering more paperwork and then will be waiting to hear from China for a final acceptance. We are hoping, if all goes well, that we will possibly have her home for Christmas.
Please join us in prayer as we thank God for a beautiful daughter. Please also pray that all our paperwork will go smoothly and promptly through the system . Also, we would love to travel as soon as possible.
What an answer to over 2 years of waiting and praying! God is good, it was worth every moment we have longed for her!
We love you Naomi!




15 comment(s):

Hey Lee-Ann!! SO exciting! What a precious little angel!!! I'll be praying and sharing in your joy!!!
Erika (McPherson) Powell

By Blogger erika, at 5:07 PM  

I got goosebumps when I saw Naomi, she is adorable!!! Congratulations
to your family!!! I can't wait to meet her, especially now that I know what to do with little 10 month old girls. I'm learning about boys through my 5 year old grandson (so tell Nate not to worry, ha ha) growing up in a family of all girls!!
I'm so excited for you all! Did I mention I can't wait to meet her!

She is so precious! Carol

By Blogger the curl, at 5:15 PM  

Oh Leanne! We are excited for you and Joel and Nate!!! She is absolutely beautiful! We will be praying that God takes care of Naomi and you these next few months of waiting!
Trina Sutherland

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 PM  

Praise God!
We are praying for your family!

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:00 PM  

We are so happy and excited for you! God is so good. She is really cute!

Nicole (Isaacs) Thompson

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 PM  

I'm going to love being her aunt! Praying that in the coming weeks all the final things fall into place & you all can go get her & bring her home! Love you!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 PM  

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! She is BEAUTIFUL and I'm so excited for y'all!

By Blogger Darby, at 10:33 PM  

Hello. I don't know if you remember me but we met at Sticky Fingers Restaurant in Hilton Head, SC this summer. We have a 16 month old daughter from Japan. You gave me your blog address and I have been checking up to find out your progress. The picutures of Naomi are adorable, we have been and will continue to pray for your family. We are both so blessed with the children the Lord has given us and are excited about you adding to your family. We will anxious to follow along and watch your journey.
Kim Harris (Claire's Mom in NC)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 AM  

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and Joel. Naomi is adorable, and I hope the last final weeks go smoothly for you until you finally bring her home! -jamie

By Blogger jamie, at 11:29 AM  

P.S., this is Jamie in Milwaukee, NOT Michael Duff . . . is too complicated to explain!

By Blogger jamie, at 11:30 AM  

Lee-Anne, she is absolutely adorable!!! You, Joel and Nate remain in our prayers for a smooth transition. Looking forward to when you bring your daughter home! :) Gigi

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 PM  

Awesome! I'll be checking the blog more often now...

Eric

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:42 AM  

Congrats to your family!!!! She is beautiful! I bet you guys are thrilled. It's been a long journey but well worth it!

By Blogger Unknown, at 4:21 PM  

So exciting! I am glad that you are blogging about it and sharing with everyone! Take care!

By Blogger Anna, at 12:19 PM  

Go to www.lookingforlily.blogspot.com

This is a blog of a friend of mine who has adopted from China. I am sure you will love reading this and being encouraged!

~Anna

By Blogger Anna, at 12:22 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home